Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Fairytale

They say what makes a fairytale is the bumpy plot followed by the happy ending.
Well I think I've mastered the bumpy plot. Now, I'm waiting patiently for the light at the end of the tunnel. Lately it seems that all I do is worry-- worry about school, work, money, relationships --- the list goes on and on. And just when I seem to get my feet on the ground, the rug is pulled right from under me. I know SUPER DEPRESSING!!
But unlike most Damsels in Distress, I'm not going to sit around and wait for my white horse to save me. After twenty years of learning lessons, I've finally come to the realization that a MAN doesn't define me. Seems like an easy enough concept-- but I'm starting to believe that alot of women go through it, even if they won't admit. I know ladies, I was one of them. I thought I was one of those Ms. Independent type. But now that I'm doing little bit of self reflecting, I'm realizing somewhere in the dating scene, I lost who I was.
TIP: The best way to find out who you really are, is to be alone with yourself.
Even though my happy ending has yet to come, I've decided that I'm not going to be like Cinderella and Snow White. I'm going to enjoy my bumpy plot and learn a lesson or two along the way. And sooner or later, I too will find my white horse.--- but I'm going to take the reins.
 

Gratitudes:
* Grey's Anatomy ( Love it!) 
* Friends who have been where I am
*8 a.m. classes-- I'm not sleeping my day away

No comments:

Post a Comment